Thumb Run Primitive Baptist Church
Pastor: Forrest Atwood
<p>Worship services every 3rd Sunday at 10:30 AM and Saturday before 3rd Sunday at 10:30 AM. The first building was a log structure, on the old Markman
Marshall property, known as "Priestly" farm, not far from the present
building. The present brick building was erected between 1840 and 1844, and the
bricks were made on the grounds. The membership of the church ranged from 51 in
1792 to 214 in 1833.
Pastors have included Elders William and Daniel Fristoe (1772); Benjamin
Dawson, Cumberland George, John Pickett, Walter McCoy, John Clark, William C.
Lauck, Paul Yates, Charles L. Yates, C. H. Waters; T. N. Alderton; John K.
Booton (1892); W. T. Eaton (1897); T. S. Dalton (1899); A. L. Harrison (1921);
Earl S. Quinn (1945); A. F. Suddeth (1949; A. J. Hylton (1977).</p>